Online Applications for Louisiana Tax Account Numbers:
Whether you are opening a new business, adding a new location, or a new tax type to an existing business, you now can register your tax accounts online from your computer! Just think, no more completing a paper application, stuffing an envelope, or taking trips to the post office for stamps. It's fast, it's easy, and it's free. Simply complete the online question-based application and submit.
The following information is needed before you begin:
- Legal name, location, and mailing address of your business.
- Federal Identification Number (if applicable).
- Charter Number (if applicable).
- Louisiana tax account number (if it is an existing business).
- Name and address of owners, partners, or officers.
- Social Security Number(s) of owners, partners, or officers.
- Email address (if available).
How long will it take to get my Louisiana Revenue Account Number?
By submitting your application online including a valid e-mail address, a confirmation message will be sent to you within 3
business days. You will be required to log back into the system using the Application Code and Password you entered to retrieve
your Louisiana Revenue Account Number.
If an e-mail address is not entered, you will still be able to log back into the system within 3 business days to retrieve your Louisiana Revenue Account Number, however you will not receive automated notification when it is generated.
In addition, your Louisiana Revenue Account Number will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks.
If you experience any difficulties completing the application refer to our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) on the LDR Website or contact the Taxpayer Services Division at 225-219-7318.