Frequently Asked Questions
General Questions About LaTAP
- How do I obtain forms?
- What do I do if I owe taxes, but am unable to pay by the due date?
- What do I do to set up arrangements to pay an outstanding tax liability?
- How long will it take for my transactions to show as completed?
- I forgot my password can you help me?
- I feel my password information has been compromised and would like to change my password, could you help me.
- I have locked myself out of the system by typing in my password incorrectly too many times.
- My bank information has changed, how do I make the corrections?
- I made an error on my original filing. Can I make corrections? Will I be charged P & I?
- Will I receive paper returns?
- I would like to amend a return that was filed manually. Can I do this?
- If I am having computer problems, can I file and pay my taxes with a paper form?
- If I am having technical difficulties with the LDR Website, whom do I contact and how do I contact them?
- Are there any restrictions on when I must file my return for it to be viewed as timely? Do I get a grace period?
- Due to computer problems my transactions did not go through making my return late. Can I request a Penalty Waiver On-Line?
- If I file online and my transaction is showing “submitted” will I be charged P & I if it is not completed by the due date?
- I got a bill from LDR even though I have already made a payment. Why?
- I want to discontinue my LaTAP accounts, how do I do this?
- How do I change my address?
- I don’t remember what my last payment was. Can you help me?
- I cannot find where to key my Schedule A exemptions & deductions.
- My payment has not been posted to my account and I have my cancelled check or EFT confirmation #.
- I registered to file in LaTAP and my authorization code was not e-mailed to me. The message said it would be mailed in 3 or 4 days.
- Will I continue to receive paper returns if I start using LaTAP?
- What is the “requests” link in LaTAP?
- I'm having computer problems and can't use LaTAP, can I still file and pay my taxes with a paper form?
- I had computer problems and my return ended up being filed late. Can I request a penalty waiver online?
- I no longer want to access my accounts in LaTAP. How do I cancel my access?
- I'm having difficulties using LaTAP. Who can I contact for help?
- I'm having difficulties with the LDR website. Who can I contact for help?
- How do I obtain assistance with my tax problems?
- How can I get a copy of my tax return?
- $15.00 for a copy of any tax return or other document previously filed by the taxpayer, or authorized representative, for each year or tax period requested, regardless of whether the requested return or document is located.
- $25.00 for each certified copy of a return or other document requested.
Anyone needing forms should call (225) 219-2113. It is helpful if you know the form number that you are requesting. Forms can also be picked up at our main office or any regional office. Many forms may also be downloaded from this Department's web page at our Tax Forms area.
Submit your return by the due date. By filing timely, you avoid delinquent filing penalty. Any amount paid with your return will reduce the interest and late payment penalty charges. The Department will bill you for any tax, interest, and penalties that are owed.
Installment arrangements are handled by the Collection Division at (225) 219-7448.
Usually it will take 3-4 days depending on type of transactions.
A Taxpayer can click on “Forgot my Password” and after answering questions, an E-mail will be sent to him with this information.
A taxpayer can change their password online. If they require help, an LDR agent - (225)-219-0102 can reset the password.
An LDR agent can reset the password.
The taxpayer can make online corrections.
A taxpayer can amend any return filed electronically online.
Taxpayers have to request a paper return.
Yes, you can amend returns that were filed manually if that return is listed.
Yes, You can file your return manually, however, if you are mandated to file Electronic payments you must contact LDR to arrange for Fed Wire or other alternatives to prevent penalty.
If possible use the “Contact Us” function on the Website. If not call LDR for assistance.
No grace period is given for online filers. Returns must be filed online on the due date to prevent penalties or interest.
No. A taxpayer can download a Penalty Waiver request form from our LDR Website. He must complete the form and mail it to the PO Box 201 Baton Rouge LA 70821 address.
No. If the return is correct and the payment is made no other charges will be made. The date we will use as the mail date is the submitted date.
The bill was scheduled to go out before the payment was processed.
LaTAP can be discontinued online.
Addresses can be added or changed online using the edit feature.
If taxpayer provides enough information to assure that he has the authority to access the account then the LDR agent can give out this information.
All links are in blue letters and are underlined. Look on front page of Sales return in LaTap and you will see Schedule A.
Payments submitted for a particular filing period are not posted to the account until the associated return has been received and processed. Withholding payments are not posted to the account until 3 days after the due date of the return.
If there are was a 0 payment submitted in registration, then the authorization would not be emailed.
Yes, returns will continue to be mailed to you unless you request that they are stopped.
Every return, payment, or account change that you submit to the Department via LaTAP is referred to as a “request”. You use the “request” link to view a list of all requests waiting to be processed and all completed requests.
Yes, you can file your return on paper. However, if you are mandated to pay electronically, you must contact LDR to arrange for an EFT or other alternatives to prevent any penalties.
No. You may download a Penalty Waiver request form (R-20128) from the LDR website. It must be completed and mailed to LDR at PO Box 201, Baton Rouge, LA 70821.
After logging into LaTAP, select the “my profile” link to open your LaTAP user profile. On this profile page, use the "Cancel My Online Access" button. If you change your mind later and decide that you want to access your accounts in LaTAP again, you will have to complete a new LaTAP registration and select a new login id.
Contact the Department of Revenue via email at Business Louisiana Taxpayer Access Point(LaTAP) Inquiries or call (225) 219-2203.
If possible, use the "Contact Us" link at the top of any LDR page or click this link to submit an email: Web Site Technical Questions, Comments, Or Suggestions.
Businesses may also request a copy by completing a Tax Information Disclosure Authorization, Form R-7004. This form authorizes the one-time release of information to yourself or the appointee you list on the form. Instructions for the form can be found here.
Act 130 of the 2015 Regular Session of the Louisiana Legislature amended Revised Statute 47:1507 to provide for fees for searching for tax returns and other documents, authenticating records, and certifying copies of tax returns and other documents (see Louisiana Administrative Code 61:III.1701). As of July 17, 2015, the fees are as follows:
All fees must be paid when you submit the Tax Information Disclosure Authorization, Form R-7004 by check or money order, made payable to the Department of Revenue. Cash cannot be accepted.
top of page