Frequently Asked Questions
Login/Password Assistance for LaTAP Users
- I'm using my taxpayer ID as my User ID, and it's telling me that I have an invalid username. How can this be if I used to login to the old system with it?
- I forgot my password. How do I get back into LaTAP?
- I forgot my password and followed the steps but have not received an authorization code yet. Where is it?
- I'm worried that my password has been compromised. What should I do?
- I couldn’t remember my password and after guessing wrong too many times, I’m locked out of my account. How do I get back into LaTAP?
- I no longer want to access my accounts in LaTAP. How do I cancel my access?
- What are the requirements for a LaTAP password?
- Your password must be at least 8 characters long and no longer than 30 characters.
- You can use letters, numbers, or other special characters such as @ # $ % & * !
- The password is case sensitive, so if you enter letters in upper case when you create your password, you must enter it the same way when you log in to your LaTAP account.
Each LaTAP user has a unique User ID to access LaTAP. If there is more than one LaTAP user for a single taxpayer, only one of these users can use the taxpayer ID for their user ID. If you used the old system, then your User ID may have been changed for use in LaTAP. For example if it was 9999999001, it may now be 9999999001-1. You should have received notification of this change, including the new User ID that will grant you TAP access. If you have not received this notification, please contact the Department of Revenue via email at Business Taxpayer Access Point(TAP) Inquiries or call (225) 219-2203.
Use the "Forgot your password?" link on the LaTAP welcome screen. Follow the online instructions to choose a new password. Upon completing these steps an email will be sent to your email address with a new authorization code that will be required the first time you use your new password. If you did not provide an email address when you registered for LaTAP the first time you will have to wait to receive the authorization code in the mail.
If you have a valid email address associated with your LaTAP profile, the code will be sent to your email. If you do not have an email listed, the code will be mailed to the address of the taxpayer associated with your profile. Some ISP's and spam filters have stopped LaTAP email from being delivered to the intended recipient. We are working on minimizing this. If you need additional assistance please contact the Department of Revenue via email at Business Taxpayer Access Point(TAP) Inquiries or call (225) 219-2203.
You can change your password at any time by logging into your account, clicking on the "My Profile" link to access your profile, and then clicking the "Change Password" button.
You must contact the Department of Revenue at (225) 219-2203 to have your password reset.
After logging into LaTAP, select the “my profile” link to open your LaTAP user profile. On this profile page, use the "Cancel My Online Access" button. If you change your mind later and decide that you want to access your accounts in LaTAP again, you will have to complete a new LaTAP registration and select a new login id.
top of page