Print Resale Certificates
If your resale certificate is expiring, or you want to apply for a resale certificate, you must apply online through LDR’s LaTAP system. You will need the following information to begin the application process:
- Account numbers for all locations
- Locations and mailing addresses for all business locations
- Current NAICS code
- A valid e-mail address
- Last 2 years of resale inventory purchase amounts (for consolidated filers, purchase amounts should consist of the combined purchases of all members of the consolidation)
The online tutorial Requesting a Louisiana Sales Tax Resale Certificate in LaTAP provides step-by-step instructions on the application process.
If you do not have a LaTAP account, it will be necessary to establish one. There are several online tutorials available to explain how to use LaTAP.
Resale Certificate Validation
- Enter your sales tax account number (Seller’s LA Account Number) as it appears on your sales tax registration certificate.
- Next, enter your business name (Seller’s Business Name) as it appears on your sales tax registration certificate.
- Press "Enter."
- Once your account number has been confirmed, the resale certificate validation screen will appear.
- Enter the account number from the resale certificate in the "Purchaser’s Louisiana Account Number" box.
- Enter the purchaser’s legal name in the "Purchaser’s Business Name" box. Press "Enter."
- If the Louisiana account number entered holds a valid resale exemption, a message will appear with the account number and name confirming the account holder’s resale exemption and the expiration date of the exemption.
- If the Louisiana account number entered does not hold a valid resale exemption, a message will appear stating the account number is not valid for the resale exemption.
- Resale exemptions are updated daily. However, if the business has recently opened, validation may only be available within approximately one week of registration.