Identity Verification Requirements
The Louisiana Department of Revenue is implementing stricter security measures to protect the identities of our taxpayers.
Final processing of your state income tax return might require you to verify your identity.
If verification is required, you will need to complete the Identity Verification Quiz.
Not all taxpayers must take the Identity Verification Quiz.
Identity verification is required only for taxpayers who received an Identity Verification Letter instructing them to complete the quiz.
Note for Joint Filers: The quiz is composed of questions based on information associated with the name listed first on the letter.
The person listed first should take the quiz.
Take the Identity Verification Quiz
Frequently Asked Questions
- After I take the quiz, how soon can I expect to receive my state income tax refund?
If you successfully verify your identity, you can expect to receive your refund within 7-10 business days from the date you took the quiz.
If you are unable to verify your identity, you will be asked to submit additional information to complete the processing of your state individual income tax return.
- What information is needed in order to take the quiz?
- Last Name, First Name
- Refund ID (located on the Identity Verification Letter)
- The last (4) four digits of your social security number.
- If additional information is needed, what will I be asked to submit?
- Copy of page 1 and 2 of your federal return
- Copy of your wage and income statements (w2s, 1099s, etc.)
- Copy of one form of identification (driver’s license, social security card, identification card, etc.)
- Copy of the Louisiana Department of Revenue Identity Verification Letter
- Where do I send the additional information?
Louisiana Department of Revenue
Attention: TRIP (Tax Refund Intercept Program)
P O BOX 2389
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-2389