Frequently Asked Questions
What statutes created and govern the operations of ODR? Where can I find a list of possible actions that can be taken on debt?
Visit the Legislative website at www.legis.la.gov/Legis and click on the Search tab under Louisiana Laws Search. Enter Law Body RS, Rule Number 47 and then enter the section number as shown below:
- R.S. 47:1676 This statute sets up the Office of Debt Recovery and outlines the purpose and scope of the office;
- R.S. 47:296.2 Suspension and denial of renewal of drivers’ licenses;
- R.S. 47:296.3 Suspension, revocation, or denial of hunting and fishing licenses;
- R.S. 47:299 Offset of Individual income tax refunds against debts owed certain state agencies;
- R.S. 47:1570 Distraint defined;
- R.S. 47:1571 Distraint Procedure;
- R.S. 47:1572 Surrender of property subject to distraint;
- R.S. 47:1573 Sale of distrained property;
- R.S. 47:1677 FIDM - Financial Institute Data Match.