LDR Data Security
The security of taxpayer data is of primary concern to the staff and management of the Louisiana Department of Revenue (LDR). The data breach associated with MOVEit software on June 15, 2023, while not connected to LDR, provides an opportunity to remind Louisiana taxpayers of the seriousness with which we take data security and the steps we take to ensure it.
Here is what you can expect when sharing information with LDR:
- When you call the Louisiana Department of Revenue we will ask for information to confirm your identity. We will ask for your Social Security number or LDR account ID as well as other information to confirm your identity.
- LDR will never contact you to ask for your credit or debit card number.
- LDR will never demand payments be made to a gift card.
- LDR will not contact you to ask for your username or password to the Louisiana Taxpayer Access Point (LaTAP) or Louisiana File Online web portals.
- If LDR needs any information concerning your filed tax returns we will contact you through the mail on official LDR letterhead.
- Fill out the Louisiana Identity Theft Affidavit, Form R-2000 and submit it to the LDR Criminal Investigations Division as instructed on the form.
- Get the LDR Identity Theft Victim Checklist and follow the guidelines
- Contact the major credit reporting agencies immediately: