Louisiana Department of Revenue to re-open Monroe regional office
December 16, 2022
BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Department of Revenue (LDR) will resume full walk-in customer service for individual and business taxpayers in northeast Louisiana with the re-opening of the LDR Monroe Regional Office. The office, closed in 2012 due to state budget cuts, will re-open on Monday, Dec. 19, 2022.
“The unavoidable closure of our Monroe office deprived taxpayers in northeast Louisiana of a convenient option for in-person customer service,” Secretary of Revenue Kevin Richard said. “The re-opening of the office provides the area with a vital resource for the resolution of a wide range of state tax matters, in addition to any business they might have with the Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control, which will have staff assigned there.”
The Monroe Regional Office will be open for walk-in customer service Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., no appointments needed. Services include:
- Filing and paying business taxes
- Submitting completed state individual income tax returns and making payments (staff cannot assist with the completion of tax returns)
- Boat registrations
- ATC/Video Poker/Lottery/Driver’s License/Wildlife & Fisheries tax clearances
- Payment plans
- Special event registrations
- Resolving bank levies and wage garnishments
The office is located in the Northeast Louisiana State Office Building at 24 Accent Drive, Suite B500, Monroe, LA 71203.
For media inquiries, contact:
Public Information Director